Automation tools and software have started making the work of production and distribution simpler, and more transparent and flexible than it ever was. Such cloud-based tools can manage the entire block of the supply chain model and they have added benefits like real-time tracking. Clearly, the benefits are many and so are the solutions.
Some of the best system integration and automation tools – listed below – by the giant manufacturer, Meade Wills, are absolute delights that make work easier.
- Warehouse Management and Transportation Management Solutions
The Meade Willis inventory management services or WMS (Warehouse Management Solution) is responsible for all inventory activities whether it is production or on-demand service planning.
The Meade Willis Transportation Management Solution (TMS) is the second wheel of the supply chain after WMS. Once the goods leave the warehouse, they can be tracked in real-time with the help of the TMS software.
The benefits of both these solutions include the following.
- All the production stages and transportation stages of the final goods can be viewed in real-time.
- All parties involved view the same data that increases trust and transparency.
- Losses due to human error are entirely eliminated.
- WOM Solution
WOM is a Web Order Management solution that is, actually, an independent cloud-based software program. This software ensures visibility between exchange services to and fro the warehouse until the goods reach the end customers. This particular software can also be integrated with other Meade Willis solutions like TMS and WMS. The benefits include:
- Proper communication
- Reliable trade
- Minimal to no human error
- Complete transparency
- Electronic Data Interchange and Electronic Invoicing Solutions
Electronic Data Interchange or EDI software is a legit platform that companies can use to first generate virtual documents electronically and then transmit them between the concerned parties. It can handle bulk documents between many many trading partners and there’s still no risk of missing documents.
Next comes, Electronic Invoicing Solution. Much like the EDI solution, this one works on the principle of producing bills electronically. Its focus features are listed below.
- It is a cloud-based software. Thus, it is able to not just generate but also store the e-bills. Therefore, the database is able to record all inbound and outbound e-bills. It helps in automating finances so that there’s no miscalculation.
- It can be incorporated with some stunning features like the use of encrypted technology, the creation of digital signatures, and so on.